At our discretion, Route may require a valid police report when the customer’s package is marked as delivered and not received.
We fully understand that our current political climate and the presence of COVID-19 can make this process stressful, so if requested, we encourage the customer to call their local police station in order to make the report. Police reports can be made over the phone, in-person, and, in some cases, online. Most of our customers are able to complete this report within 10-15 minutes with their local police department. Below are some simple steps to help the customer get started!
- Research their local police station (a quick Google search usually does the trick!)
- Call the station's main non-emergency phone number
- The customer will need to let the station know they need to file a report on a stolen package for the company (Route) protecting their package.
- They can also ask if they can do it online, over the phone, or need to go in person. Every precinct is different!
- They can then file the report. Common details required include:
- Name of Retailer
- Date of Order
- Date of Delivery
- Name of Carrier
- Where the Package was Left
- Package Value
- Be sure they know to include the reference/case number in their issue when filing. If they have already been conversing with a Route specialist, they can also send them the reference/case number or a copy of the full report.