When you purchase Route Package Protection, you can report an order issue for packages that may be lost, stolen, or damaged. Read Route Package Protection Policies.
All issues are eligible to file within 365 days from the order date, or 365 from the first tracking checkpoint if there is a tracking number available.
However, ensure you report an issue within the respective deadlines:
- Damaged: Within 15 days of when the package was marked delivered
- Lost (domestic): Between 7* and 30 days from the last tracking update
- Lost (international): Between 20* and 30 days from the last tracking update
- Estimated Delivery Date: On orders with an Estimated Delivery Date (EDD), please file within 2-30 days of the EDD.
- Stolen: Between 5* and 15 days of when the package was marked delivered
*Route requires these wait-to-file periods for stolen and lost orders as packages are sometimes delayed in transit or prematurely marked as delivered.
Please review each order issue for further details:
An item is considered lost if it never is reported as Delivered. This can also include if your order has been stuck in any shipping state OTHER than "Delivered" You may report an order issue if enough time has been allowed for delivery to take place and it's well past the expected delivery date, or if your order is stuck in a shipping state other than "Delivered"
Order issues are considered "lost" after 7 days without a tracking status update (20 for international) and must be filed no later than 30 days from the last update.
- Estimated Delivery Date (EDD): After 48 hours has passed from an estimated delivery date given from the carrier, and no delivery or update has been made, Route will consider the order to be "lost" and assist with next steps. Please file within 2-30 days of the EDD.
If your item arrives damaged, unusable, or otherwise in an unacceptable condition, we invite you to report an order issue right away. Please remember to include pictures of the item(s) and packaging. Order issues for the damaged item(s) can be reported right away, but must be filed within 15 days from the date it was marked delivered.
Order issues for packages marked "delivered" yet not received and where there is no evidence of “porch piracy” must be made 5 days after “delivery date” but no longer than 15 days to ensure it was not mis-delivered or easily found around the premises.