Utilize this Help Center article for Portal assistance/access, overviews, and how to get your Portal set up in 5 easy steps.
Your login credentials will be the account information that was used to set up Route. If you were not the primary user to set up your store account and need access, please contact your account manager to set up a profile for you.
Need help signing in? You can either contact your designated CSM, or live chat with our support team by clicking the blue contact support button on the bottom right-hand side of your screen.
To learn more about the features and benefits of your Route Portal, check out our Merchant Portal Overview article and video.
The first thing we’re going to set up today is your in-app merchant profile to ensure your resolve center is updated with your logo. This is where Route really makes the entire post-purchase experience look and feel like YOU. Everything you update here will be reflected in the Route mobile app such as when your customer goes in to track their order, or when they file a claim with Route should they run into in-transit issues.
The experience should feel like an extension of your shoppers interactions with you and your brand. This entire section is set up and managed by you. Additionally, there are a lot of appealing ways merchants will use this feature such as updating their branding when they have special offers, events, or updating holiday content.
Set Up Instructions:
1. Navigate to the Engage tab on the left menu. The Engage tab is where you will customize the post-purchase experience that your shoppers have with your brand.
2. Click on the blue edit button on In-App Merchant Profile, and a customization window will open. This is enjoyable because as you make updates on the right, you will see exactly what the customer sees on the left.
3. Fill out your information following the prompts in this section like store name, website URL, a quick little blurb about what you do, a cover image, and your company logo.
4. When you’re ready, go ahead and click save.
The second thing we’re going to set up is your customer facing contact information. The contact information that you add is what we will provide to your shoppers on your behalf. It will show up on the Route app, and will be shared with our support team for any tickets that are filed.
Set Up Instructions:
1. Navigate to the Engage tab on the left menu in the Portal. The Engage tab is where you will customize the post-purchase experience that your shoppers have with your brand.
2. Click on any of the three blue edit buttons on Contact Info: Customer Facing, and a customization window will open to fill in the necessary information. You will be able to edit Company Contact, Support Contact, and Returns Contact information within this section.
3. When you’re ready, go ahead and click save.
This is the most essential part of your account set up, and is required for using Route Protect. Billing can be one of the more complicated parts of being a Route Admin, so we want to ensure this set up information is up to date and available for you to reference.
Watch a quick 2 minute video on why Route needs your billing information:
In Summary: Rather than having two different transactions for their order and Route Protection - your shopper will only have one transaction for their order and Route Package Protection. The shopper will pay a “package protection fee” that YOU initially collect from the order. We bill you once a week* to collect those Package Protection fees, and you can think of it more of a “transfer” rather than being permanently billed.
*Note: Some of our partnered merchants are not on a weekly billing cadence. Reach out to your designated CSM or our Live Chat feature through our Help Center if you have any questions about about your billing with Route.
Just to re-emphasize, you aren’t actually paying anything to Route, you are just collecting the Package Protection fee paid by the customer for us, and then we collect the fee from you, so there aren’t two transactions for your customer.
Set Up Instructions:
Please follow these two articles to set up your billing and reimbursement accounts.
1. Set Up Billing Instructions
This is where you will add in information on who Route and our team will work with directly, and who we will direct customers to when needed.
Set Up Instructions:
1. Navigate to the Admin tab.
2. Under Settings, which you will automatically be in when entering the Admin tab, add your billing contact. This is the person you want Route to send notices to for upcoming Route Premium collections.
3. Set up your Reimbursement contact. This should already be filled out from Step 3, but review the Step 3 tab if you are not seeing this information or add it in manually.
4. Set up your Claims contact. If we end up denying a claim that was filed by one of your shoppers, we will send you an email to provide you the opportunity to review the claim and continue the conversation with the customer.
Access to your Portal can be provided to anyone of your choosing to ensure that the right eyes have access to the most important aspects of this experience. You can have as many users as you'd like.
There are three types of visibility access:
- Admin - Full edit access to the Route Portal with access to edit users, adjust account settings, and change billing information.
- Full User - Full view access to the Route Portal with access to upload promotional content, edit profile information, file issues, and adjust notifications.
- Limited User - Limited access to the Route Portal with access to view orders and issues as well as file new issues and requests for reimbursements.
Set up instructions:
1. Navigate to the Admin tab on the left menu.
2. When entering the Admin tab, you will automatically be in the Settings portion of the page - which was edited in Step 4. Click on Users to the right of Settings towards the top of the page.
3. Once in the Users portion of the Admin tab, click the blue Add Users button on the far right side of the page.
4. Add User Info - name, email, and phone number.
5. Check which role this User will have (Admin, Full, or Limited as detailed above).
6. When you’re ready, go ahead and click save.